Yoghurt and berry breakfast
by Sanna Anderson
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Live natural yoghurt
2 tbs porridge oats
Handful of frozen berries
This is an easy and nutritious breakfast that you can prepare the night before. Use natural, unflavoured live yoghurt. It is your choice whether you use full fat, low fat or no fat yoghurt. If you cannot tolerate dairy, you can use sheep’s yoghurt instead. The recipe also works with soya yoghurt.
- Prepare the breakfast in the evening before you go to bed.
- Spoon some yoghurt into a breakfast bowl (enough for one person).
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw porridge oats and mix into the yoghurt.
- Mix in a handful of frozen berries. You can find these on the frozen dessert isle in most supermarkets.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge overnight. The berries will have defrosted by morning, and the live bacteria in the yoghurt will have started to soften the oats. You will have a nutritious breakfast with protein from the yoghurt, fibre from the oats and vitamins and minerals from the berries.