Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Turkey it is the leanest meat protein source, which is low in saturated fat and highly nutritious. You will find selenium, niacin, B vitamins and zinc, which strengthen your immune system; lower your risk of heart disease and cancer while filling you with energy. Boosted with the green vegetables which are packed with Vitamin C and swede which is full of beta carotene, this meal will have you fuelled all day!
4 Turkey Breasts
300 g of Brussel Sprouts
200 g of Green Beans
4 Large Carrots
2 Garlic cloves
4 Tbsp of Tapenade
1 Jar of Cranberry Sauce
Garnish/Seasoning – Cranberry Sauce & Tapenade
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 8.
- Boil a kettle full of water. Wash the brussels and green beans.
- Peel the swede and carrots, and then dice them into small pieces.
- Pour the boiling water into a saucepan, add the carrot & swede. Simmer for 10 mins until soft.
- Boil the kettle again. Cut the bottoms of the brussels and remove the top leaves.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil. Place the turkey breasts in the centre, spread with a tbsp of Tapenade. Cook in the oven for 15 mins. Check them at 10 mins and remove the foil cover.
- Pour the boiling water into a saucepan. Add the brussels. After 5 mins put the green beans into a steamer and cook above the brussels.
- Drain the water from the carrot & swede. Return the vegetables to the empty saucepan add a splash of olive oil and crush in the garlic cloves. Mash the mixture together until it is smooth.
- Remove the other vegetables from the heat, drain off water and serve onto plates.
- Remove the turkey breasts, serve onto the individual plates.
- Serve the carrot & swede mash.
- Garnish the turkey with a spoonful of cranberry sauce.