Smoked fish and avocado crackers
by Charlotte Watts
These make a perfect snack anytime, but as a breakfast they provide a fantastic boost of protein to get you through the day.
4-6 large wheat or rye crackers (depending on how large)
2 small smoked mackerel fillets or 4 slices of smoked salmon
1 small avocado
Fresh coriander and/ or sesame seeds to serve – optional
- Spread the crackers with a little butter.
- Shred the mackerel or lay salmon slices onto the crackers.
- Either slice the avocado or spoon out thin sections onto the fish.
- Dress with a little lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh coriander and/ or sesame seeds for a little extra taste.