Create your own personalised health report
Quinoa & mackerel kedgeree
by Sanna Anderson
Preparation time: 20 minutes
150g green beans
75g frozen petit pois
1 packet of smoked peppered mackerel (normally around 250g)
- Add the quinoa into boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or until softened.
- In the meantime, finely slice the leek and chop the green beans into half. Heat around 1 tbs olive oil in the frying pan and add the leek and beans. Add a sprinkle of water and steam fry for 5-8 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the frozen peas into the vegetable mixture and heat until the peas have defrosted.
- Peel the skins off the mackerel fillets and chop roughly.
- Drain quinoa and add into the vegetables and mix well. Now add the smoked mackerel pieces, mix in and serve.