Create your own personalised health report
Poached eggs florentine
by Charlotte Watts
2 large free-range egg
250 g spinach
2 slices seeded wholegrain or rye bread
Paprika, mustard or mayonnaise to serve
- Boil half a pan full of water, crack the eggs into the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile wilt the spinach in a steamer or saucepan on a low heat. Just heat enough for the leaves to shrink and become watery, but not too much that they brown in any way – about 1-2 minutes.
- Toast the bread and butter and cut in half, arrange on a plate and put the spinach on top.
- Drain the eggs from the water and serve on top of the spinach.
- Serve with a little paprika, mayonnaise or mustard. You can even mix wholegrain mustard into some mayonnaise for a quick dressing.