Pesto salmon with sweet potato
by Charlotte Watts
Pesto adds a new flavour to salmon, but also lots of cholesterol regulating garlic. Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to the usual baked potato and take less time to cook.
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 salmon fillets or salmon steaks
2 tbsp pesto sauce
Half a head of broccoli
Butter to serve
- Heat the oven to 220oC/ Gas Mark 7.
- Prick the sweet potatoes and put in the oven on a baking tray.
- Lay the salmon fillets or steaks in a close fitting glass cooking pot (with a lid).
- Spoon the pesto onto the salmon and spread out over the fish.
- Add the lid to the cooking pot and put into the oven 20 minutes after the sweet potatoes.
- Steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes to be ready at the same time as the fish.
- Remove both the salmon and the sweet potatoes after a further 20 minutes.
- Slice the sweet potatoes lengthways, fluff up the flesh and mix in a little butter.
- Place the salmon, sweet potato and broccoli on a large heated plate and serve.