Layered melon salad with a kick
by Michael Joliffe
Time to prepare 20 mins
100g pre-prepared melon chunks (watermelon and honeydew)
30g unsweetened soya yoghurt
1 large handful of rocket leaves
5-6 fresh shredded mint leaves
1 small red chilli
2tbsp of macadamia nut oil
1 tbsp of flavoured, freshly ground seed mixture (pumpkin, flax, sesame, sunflower)
1bsp of freshly grated ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
Cracked black pepper
- Layer two plates with the rocket leaves at the bottom, topping with melon chunks, half of the mint leaves and all of the ginger, spread evenly.
- Grind 1tbsp of mixed seeds in a coffee or other grinder and continue to layer onto the salad, along with the macadamia nut oil.
- Dice and de-seed the chilli carefully and top each salad to taste.
- Add a dash of lime and lemon juice to each salad, and season with pepper to taste.
- Arrange the soya yoghurt as a dip on the side of the plate, surrounded by the other half of the mint leaves.