Immune boosting mushroom medley
by Michael Jolliffe
Time to Prepare: 30mins
100g of Thai-style brown rice noodles
2 large handfuls of fresh, organic spinach, chopped
1 small red pepper, diced
1 small yellow pepper, diced
2 oz shiitake mushrooms (fresh or dried), stems trimmed
2 oz reishi mushrooms (fresh or dried), stems trimmed
2 oz maitake mushrooms (fresh or dried), stems trimmed
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp unrefined, toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
Cracked black pepper
- If using dried mushrooms, place into a bowl and cover with boiling water for 30 mins. Drain and rinse.
- Sauté the ginger, garlic and pepper in the sesame oil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with 3-4 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and mix in for 2 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add the rice noodles to a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain the noodles in a colander and return to the pan. Mix the mushroom medley and other pan-cooked ingredients into the pan with the noodles and stir together. Serve carefully into bowls.