Green bean stir-fry
by Charlotte Watts
A very easy recipe that changes the school dinner image of cabbage.
225 g /8 oz green beans
4 shallots, sliced
4 leaves dark cabbage, shredded
100 g /31/2 oz mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp black bean sauce
- Finely slice the green beans, shallots, cabbage and mushrooms.
- Crush the garlic with a garlic press or a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the olive oil in a preheated wok or large frying pan on a low heat.
- Add the green beans, shallots, garlic and mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the wok or frying pan.
- When the cabbage is wilted, stir in the black bean sauce into the wok and heat through. Move around gently to mix and when the sauce begins to bubble, turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.