Feta and root multicoloured salad
by Charlotte Watts
This salad can be kept in the fridge as a side salad or convenient snack and it makes a really handy lunch food.
1 large carrot
1 large courgette
1 uncooked whole beetroot
50 g feta cheese
4 large spring onions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
50 g pine nuts
Juice of half a lemon
- Grate the carrot, courgette and beetroot into a large bowl.
- Finely cube the feta cheese and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the spring onions and add to the bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, fennel seeds, pine nuts and lemon juice.
- With a large spoon, continually scoop up the ingredients in the bowl until they are thoroughly mixed.