by Charlotte Watts
Have daily or regularly to support liver health. The flax oil is included to slow down the sugar release from fruits and vegetables that have had their fibre removed. It also provides a transport to get those fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids into your body.
2 dessert apples (good, even energy source, stimulates lymph glands to clear immune system)
115 g/ 4 oz celery (good for metabolism of fats)
1 large carrot (beta-carotene to help the immune system)
50 g fresh or cooked beetroot – not in vinegar (excellent for liver clearance)
1 cm/ ½ “ piece fresh root ginger (good for circulation and cleansing)
1 teaspoon flax oil
- Quarter the apples, then juice along with the celery, carrot, beetroot and ginger. Mix in the flax oil quickly with a fork and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a juicer, an alternative is to add some berries (fresh or those found in the freezer department at supermarkets) and a banana to a good quality organic apple juice with half water. Mix in a blender and you can add cinnamon for a spicy taste.
Other ingredients/ variations – all good for cholesterol regulation with other properties:
- Parsley – good for the adrenals to help cope with stress
- Banana – to add soluble fibre and potassium for correct blood pressure
- Cinnamon – aids blood sugar balance
- Berries – good for circulation and potent antioxidants
- Cucumber – rehydrating body and skin, a blood cleanser
- Grape – good for healing and cleansing
- Spinach – rich in all minerals and a blood cleansing tonic.