This pesto contains many components that help to remove toxic metals (for example mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminium) safely from the body, including selenium, cysteine, zinc, magnesium and vitamin A. Also specifically coriander is a mercury chelator, so takes hold and helps escort it from the body.
Adapted by Charlotte Watts from an original by Dr. Thomas Stearns Lee, NMD
4 cloves organic garlic
1/3 cup organic Brazil nuts
1/3 cup organic sunflower seeds
1/3 cup organic pumpkin seeds
2 cups packed fresh organic coriander
2/3 cup cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil
4 tablespoons organic lemon juice
2 tsp. organic dulse powder – powdered seaweed (or other if dulse not available)
Liquid Aminos – several brands can be found in good health food shops
- Finely chop or grind the nuts and seeds, process the coriander and flaxseed oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped and then add the nuts and seeds for a final mix.
- Add the garlic, dulse and lemon juice and blend until the mixture is finely smoothed into a paste.
- Add a squirt of Liquid Aminos to taste and blend again.
- Store in dark glass jars if possible.
- It freezes well, so purchase coriander in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.
- You can also add the pesto to olive oil for a dressing, eat as a spread, add to salads, baked potatoes and as a dressing for fish.
- Two teaspoons of this coriander pesto daily for three weeks is recommended to help removal of toxic heavy metals and this can be done periodically, although eating it regularly is recommended for taste.