Create your own personalised health report
Deliciously deep chickpea soup
by Michael Jolliffe
Time to prepare: 30mins
400g can of chickpeas (in water)
50g brown basmati rice
50g organic creamed coconut
Juice of 1 lime
½ tsp ground mace
½ tsp ground saffron
Cracked black pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add, with brown basmati rice, to a large saucepan containing 500ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir the mace and saffron into the simmering water.
- After 30 minutes, squeeze the lime juice into the water along with the creamed coconut and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Using a hand blender, break up the mixture until it’s nice and creamy, but still has some texture.
- Season with pepper to taste and serve hot.