Carrot, coriander & lentil soup
Preparation Time: 3 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
While you can buy fresh-soup products in the supermarket, they are often overloaded with salt, treated by UV rays and the portions are tiny. It’s so easy to make your own in no-time and cook extra to freeze for a later date. You will get a superb dose of beta-carotene which helps protect you from free radicals, modulates your immune system and stimulates naturally occurring detoxification enzymes. Best of all, it will warm your tummy!
6 Large Carrots
1 White Onion
1 ½ Tbsp of Olive Spread
1 Tsp Coriander seeds
½ Tsp Cinnamon
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
3 Tsp of Vegetable Bouillon Powder
Seasoning/ Garnish – Horseradish & Chopped Parsley
- Peel the onion and chop roughly.
- Boil a kettle full of water. Put the bouillon powder in a measuring jug.
- Peel the carrots, chop off the ends and slice thinly.
- Melt the olive spread in a saucepan and sauté the onions on a medium heat.
- Pour 1 pint of boiling water onto the bouillon. Stir until it dissolves.
- Add the stock to the saucepan, mix in the cinnamon, coriander seeds and seasoning.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree until all the chunks have disappeared.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley & a tsp of horseradish.