Bug buster flapjacks
by Anne Pemberton
If you cannot tolerate small amounts of sugar Xylitol (sold in health food shops and supermarkets) can be used instead of molasses but the end result will be more crumbly.
115g / 4oz Dried figs
55g/2oz pumpkin seeds ground
225g/8oz Buckwheat flakes (or oats if not gluten free)
90ml / 3Fl oz water
115g / 4 oz coconut oil
2tbsp blackstrap molasses
55g / 2oz Cashew nuts, crushed
55g/2oz dessicated coconut
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°C/gas mark 6
- Place Figs and water in a pan and simmer on a low heat until the figs are soft and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add coconut oil and Molasses and continue to heat until melted. Beat well to break up the figs.
- Place cashew nuts in a dish and chop with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add cashew nuts, coconut and Flakes to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a non- greased baking tray (approx 8” x 12” or 20 x 30cm) and press down well.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until flapjacks are firm and brown.
- Cut into 12 slices whilst warm. Will keep 3 days in refrigerator or freeze well.